Having a sound sleep will give you a good start up on the next day. If you do not have enough sleep at night because of some annoying problems like an uncomfortable bed, lack of covers, light, etc., you might start your day with a bad mood, and all your work might go in vain.
Similarly, when you are trying to relax outside of your home, and you are planning to sleepover under nature, you need some materials that accomplish your target. For instance, sleeping mats!! Let's have a deep analysis of sleeping pad and air mattress for camping.
A sleeping pad is a common material in our daily life. We can use it in our home or even camping. It is made of foam and covered by synthetic cloth (polyester or non-polyester). It helps the human body to have good blood circulation.
Air mattress is the new trend of the mattress to make life much easier. People who tend to hike in the mountains, they use air mattress mostly. The cover is made of Polyvinyl Chloride. It is water-resistant.
Are the Sleeping Pad and Air Mattress the same?
There is a substantial difference between the sleeping pad and air mattress as a sleeping pad is made of foam, and an air mattress is made of synthetic cover with no foam. The sleeping pad is comparatively thicker than an air mattress. The length of both kinds of beds is similar, but there is a slight variation such as rippling patterns on the foam, etc.
On the other hand, an air mattress is known as a blow-up bed. Polyvinyl chloride is the main component of the mattress. The shell is airtight and may have multiple valves. It can be stored easily, like turning into a small form.
You have to inflate it by manually or by pumping it. It is exciting that when you open up the valve, the mattress tends to distend by itself, but you have to pump air in it to have the actual bed.
Why do people use Sleeping Pad and Air Mattress?
The air mattress is used for camping or home use (sometimes). It can also be used for different kinds of purposes like camping, temporary home use, guests, etc. It is familiar to travelers and hikers.
It provides thermal insulation as well as padding. People use air mattresses to get more comfortable and it becomes a trend to keep air mattresses because of its convenience.
The sleeping pad has been familiar for a long time. You can use it anywhere like when your home is full of guests, and you can find a sleeping pad as the most suitable material to accommodate everyone. The most important thing is that the sleeping pad will help to reduce body temperature while sleeping on the ground.
Which one to Choose?
For camping, both sleeping pad and air mattress can be used, as their purpose is the same. There is a particular time when you need to decide which one you are going to carry on your trip.
Like in the summer season, you might love to take a sleeping pad rather than an air mattress. But in winter, you will take an air mattress. Say for a sleeping pad, and you might need it when you are looking for:
- Comfort: When you are looking for sound sleep, and you have a temperature issue, you can go for a sleeping pad. Because it will give you pleasure at least not sleeping on a bare space.
- Less distance traveling: As the sleeping pad is made of foam, so you might feel anxious taking it long-distance traveling. So, you should take it in your short distance and less activity-based trip.
- Sound sleep: You are asleep lover person, so wherever you go, you look for a beautiful bed to rest. But in an open field trip, you will not get that. For this, the sleeping mat will be an alternative option for you because it is comparatively flexible and comfortable than another type of mattresses.
Say for air mattress, and you might need it when you are looking for:
- Light-weight: The most exciting fact of air mattress is its light-weightiness because it has no extra foaming system. Only through air pumping, it works. And whenever you want you can roll it and take it with you very easily on the trip.
- Suitable for Cold Place: Air mattress seems comparatively larger and taller than a sleeping pad. So, in colder places, say about your camping is in the mountains and the time is winter. You can find air mattresses as the most effective ones.
- Warmth: Air mattress tends to be warmer than a sleeping pad, and it is also softer. People who are sensitive to cold or night cold, they can use air mattress on their trips.
Cleaning the sleeping pad and air mattress:
Cleanliness is part of life. We take a shower every day. Likewise, we take care of the accessories we use in our everyday life. So, after coming from any trip, you need to clean all the accessories you have taken into your trip. Among them, cleaning camping mattress is one of the critical jobs. Otherwise, your bed will be easily damaged.
You can apply two types of cleaning to your camping mattress. But most of the people said that cleaning air mattress tends to be more comfortable than scouring sleeping pads. As sleeping pads tend to be non-water resistant or less water-resistant, it takes time to dry out. But air mattress is fully water-resistant as it is made of airtight synthetic cover.
For air mattresses, you can easily clean it by using a wet sponge, but for a sleeping pad, you might need a brush to clean it. While buying any mattress, it is said not to brush the bed roughly on the manual. Sometimes, after cleaning, the sleeping pad might lose its appearance and the softness.
So, it is quite clear that cleaning the air mattress is much easier than cleaning a sleeping pad. Even when you are on a trip, you can easily clean your air mattress if it gets dirty. But you need to be more careful if you take your sleeping pad not to get dirt.
Tips for maintaining during Camping if you take Mattress:
We all care about money. So, to utilize your money, you should take care of your asset what you buy. In the time of camping, people tend to be in a rush. But you have to be careful about your staff.
If you take Sleeping Pads with you, you must concern about:
- Be careful when you roll it or fold it
- Carry it safely during the trekking or hiking
- Always use cover
- When you are about to use it make sure the place is clean enough to unfold it
- Keep it away from water place
- You can brush it when you are about to fold it
- Apply dry clean
- Be careful that there is no heavy pressure on it while you put it in the bag
- You should clean the place before unfolding your mattress
- Make sure the place is any sharp stone or stick-free otherwise, and your air mattress will be torn in part
- Never jump on your mattress or hit it, if you do, the cap of the valve may open uncertainly and even cracked
- You can clean it with a wet cloth during the trip if you find any mold on it
- Before folding the mattress, make sure there is no air inside the mattress
- Use cover to have long term usage
The price of a sleeping pad is comparatively lower than the cost of an air mattress. If you care for pricing, then you can go for a sleeping pad. But maintaining is all your job. The higher you take care the longer you can use your mattress.
If we overview the high rate of problems that the mattress mentioned above, we indeed find air mattress is more convenient than sleeping pads. And also, after the trip, cleaning, and storing the process of air mattress is much easier than sleeping pads.
People often get confused about what to take when they are planning to sleep over outside. Out of different level of suggestions, you should clear about your comfort facts.
Like, you love to sleep on a soft mat so that you can take the sleeping pad, or you may have a warm issue than you can take sleeping pad. If you are focusing on warm, light, and comparatively harder mattresses, you can take the air mattress with you in camping.
Check Related Post