If you are intending to know how to clean work boots? just read this article and get the best and easy solution. If you go on hiking, hunting, or trekking outside, then boots are your daily companion. Work boots are a must for guys working in a cow or pig farm or do construction works. Work boots are made to be exposed to dirt and mud. So they get dirty and muddy very often. To keep them reusable, you need to clean your work boots every day or on a regular basis. And this article is brought to you about How to Clean Work Boots.
How to Clean Work Boots?
Cleaning your boots is not a hard task. You can make your old boots looking new by cleaning and conditioning them by your own self at home. So why pay a cobbler for the thing you can do at your leisure? Let’s take a look over the entire process.
It is obvious to get soil and dust stuck on your boots while working. You should clean them on a regular basis, twice or thrice a week. Things you may need to clean your boots are- a horsehair brush or dauber, a stiff and bristle nylon brush, a clean rag or tissue paper, saddle soap, etc. The cleaning process is described here for you.
Now let the boot dry fully before doing anything else.
Conditioning is done to keep the leather of your boot healthy and shiny. There are different kinds of products available for conditioning your boots, for example- leather conditioner, leather oil, mink oil, leather bomb, etc. All these are used for conditioning.
Leather protectants and snow seal are used to keep boots waterproof. You may need a microfiber applicator or cloth, a sponge, a small brush like a toothbrush, pointy q-tips, etc. So the conditioning procedure is here for you.
Now leave your boots for at least one day and let it be set.
After a long hectic day, if the boot stinks as soon as you remove them, of course, it will disgust you. You can get rid of this fuggy odour by maintaining only a few manners.
- 1First of all, try to build up a good food habit. Drink a lot of water and tea. Some recommend drinking saline or salt-water to get rid of this issue. Footbath is very effective in this case. Wash your foot with an antifungal foot soap. So your feet will be less prone to fungus and germs.
- 2If possible, change your socks every day. Wash your socks at least once in every two days. Use antimicrobial odour control soles. And clean them once in fifteen days.Place dryer sheets before wearing them before a long working day. Throw them away after using them once.
- 3After removing boots, spray an antibacterial-spray inside and put them in a well-ventilated place. Practice doing this every day.
- 4Take half cup baking soda in a sock. And tie its mouth. Then put it inside the boot. This technique is very much helpful.
- 5Kitty’s litter does the work too. Put some litter in an old sock and tie its mouth. Now put it inside the boot.
- 6Ball up two fabric softener dryer sheets and put them in boots after using. They will release a pleasant scent and remove any excess moisture.
- 7Peel off a lemon. Then crush the peel and put them inside the boot. Before wearing them the next day, spill out the peels of the boots.
If you are suffering from bromidrosis, consult with a doctor.
Wash your boots regularly once a week at least, condition them often. And use deodorizers. All these will keep your boot neat and make them long-lasting.